Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WIP: Blood Bowl Chaos Warrior (sculpting)

Hello there!
Today I want to share with you one of the last projects that I'm doing.

As the entry title says, I'm sculpting a Chaos Warrior for my Chaos blood bowl team. The idea is to sculpt 4 different chaos warriors for the team as I don't want to buy the old ones and I don't like using the the Warhammer Fantasy plastic ones with their capes and rather static positions.

Concept Art of my chaos warriors

I started the project by trying to draw my idea of how a Blood Bowl Chaos warrior should look like. The next picture shows what I came up with.

Armature of the model

Even if my drawing are not really good, trying to do it help organizing the ideas I have in my head. So when I finished with the "concept art" I made the armature for the running Warrior with some wire and put some putty in it to give it some volume.

Sculpting process

Now, after one month and half working in the model looks like this:





I have to work a lot more on it but I think I'm going in the right direction.

I usually do some work in the model once or twice a week for a couple of hours each time so the process is long but sometime in the future it will be finished.

Hope you like it, if you have any comments or suggestions feel free to share them.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice so far! I've done a little blood bowl sculpting myself--I sculpted a troll for my orc team, though it wasn't nearly dynamic as your figure! You can check it out here: http://mdarrow.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-second-string-sculpts-finished-troll.html

    I found it easiest to work from the feet up. I didn't even bulk out the arms until I had finished everything below the waist. Best advice though is to keep at it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mattias, good job with your troll and you have some interesting things in your blog also.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...