Saturday, January 10, 2015

Imperial Guard Infantry Squad painted

More than a year ago I decided to change the colour scheme for my Imperial Guard Army and I didn't manage to paint more than two test models but this holidays I finally manage to paint a whole Infantry Squad, and I really like the new scheme.


The only thing special of this unit is the sandbag wall for the heavy bolter that I've explained in another post how to make it:
http://sirskofisworkshop.blogspot.com.es/2013/10/how-to-make-sandbag-walls-for-imperial.html

The old colour scheme was bluish like the one you can see in the picture below. The new one is more in tune with the rest of our warhammer 40000 armies that now has desert like bases, who knows maybe in the future we manage to find time and space to make a specific game table for all of them.

In the picture below you can see a comparison of the old scheme with the new one for a guardsman and a veteran.

The guardsmen have bands painted in their shoulder pads to indicate their range, I bases them in the Spanish army but I will try to translate it to the US army. The single green bands mean private, the single yellow band means corporal and the 3 yellow bands mean Sergeant, so the infantry squad has 7 privates, 2 corporals and a Sergeant.

The veterans will have a green band with a triangle on top of it that means private first class.

To end with this post I will like to show you a "war" scene between this Infantry Squad and a few orks.

As you can see in the picture above the bases are decorated the same way. I hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...