Sunday, October 11, 2015

Vendetta Gunship for my Imperial Guard Army (cardboard made)

This is another amazing cardboard scratch build made by my twin brother, it would look even better once painted but I haven't manage to do it yet...


To make this model he didn't use any blueprint, he just made the pieces using my Valkyrie Assault Carrier.

For the structure he used cardboard of different thickness adding to our usual corrugated cardboard and cereal box cardboard one 2mm thick solid that we bought to make blood bowl pitches (the white one that you can see in the model).

Even if you cannot see it my brother made and impressive job with the structure of the wings, they have spars and ribs made with the white cardboard instead of filling the space between the two skins with something or just placing some layers of corrugated cardboard between them.



Below you can see some pictures of the process then one comparing the model made by my brother and my Valkyrie Assault Carrier and finally some with the model finished. One feature that my brother added is that the wings have some magnets so its easier to store the model.






















Hope you like it!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks great. Are the little yellow bits resin? Or are they cardboard as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the yellow bits are resin, we though of making lots of things with cardboard but making resin copies was faster.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...